Eugurt Sugar Substitution Info
If you're using a sugar alternative, such as a sugar alcohol, it is a good idea to add a teaspoon of table sugar, organic sugar, coconut sugar, or other glucose-based sugar in order to help the probiotics overcome the mild antimicrobial effect these sweeteners can exhibit.
Click here to download a spreadsheet on sweetener usage of different sugars/sweeteners and our recommended usages. Note: we are continuing to update the information on this list as we continue testing. Please give us feedback and be assured we will honor our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Rusty - owner, Know-How Foods
Eugurt Nutrition Facts (click):
Everything you want to know about Eugurt - unless it's not here that is, in which case email Rusty (email@example.com).
- What is Eugurt?
- What makes Eugurt different?
- Subculture with Pro and Save, okay, but what is subculturing and how do you do it? Click to learn the details.
- I know what probiotics are... but what are prebiotics?
- What are the ingredients in Eugurt?
- Is fermented soy better than regular soy?
- I'm very discerning in what I eat, do you have documentation on your ingredients?
Q: What is Eugurt?
- Eugurt is a specially made blend of powder ingredients brought together for the home food do-it-yourselfer to make the most realistic dairy-free yogurt anywhere.
Q: What makes Eugurt different?
- Minimal ingredients - "Just the facts, maam."
- Flexible - you choose the sugar source (probiotic food) and acid level (length of culturing)
- Sustainable - plant-based and renewable
- No gums or carrageenan
Q: I know what probiotics are... but what are prebiotics?
- Very simply, prebiotics are food for probiotic microorganisms. Prebiotics are dietary fibers that are not digested (or minimally digested) in humans and, once reaching the colon, provide a food source for the probiotic microorganisms. In this way, they help to establish and promote a thriving probiotic community in the gut.
Q: What are the ingredients in Eugurt?
- Ingredients: soy protein isolate, coconut cream powder, digestion resistant maltodextrin (soluble prebiotic dietary fiber), rice starch, and in flavored versions, natural or natural and artificial flavor (depending on statement)
Q: Is fermented soy better than regular soy?
- Eugurt is a fermented soy food.
- There is some disagreement in the scientific community concerning the health benefits or detriments with consuming soy products - but the argument does not extend to fermented soy foods, such as Eugurt. In fact, fermented soy foods appear to enjoy universal acclaim.
- Eugurt is a probiotic food - it is not a supplement. There is 6g of fermented soy protein per portion.
- We selected our ingredients with the utmost care. All ingredients are non-GMO, Vegan, and we attempted to be as "clean" label and minimal as possible, while still maintaining the quality of this unique product.
Q: I'm very discerning in what I eat, do you have documentation on your ingredients?
- Yes, we strive to be completely transparent in all we do and, this has certainly been the case in our choosing of our ingredients. Documents and/or statements for Vegan, non-GMO status, etc. can be provided. If you have other requests, we will contact our suppliers to see if the information can be provided. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.